Daytime Event Drivers
Daytime Event Drivers escort older adults to LBFE activities at our Lake Street location or at other locations around the Twin Cities. You are encouraged to stay for the activity and provide valuable companionship.
Become a Daytime Event Driver.
Daytime Event Driver responsibilities include:
- Providing safe, comfortable transportation to and from LBFE events
- Socializing with elders and/or help out during the event
- Following the policies of the organization
- Respecting confidentiality regarding the elder
- Demonstrating commitment, reliability, and responsibility
- Providing feedback, suggestions, and recommendations to appropriate staff concerning the effectiveness of the program
- Informing LBFE staff if you are unable to continue volunteer duties
The benefits of being a Daytime Event Driver include:
- Gratification in knowing that the isolation of an elder has been relieved.
- New friendships and sharing new experiences.
- Experience in the field of aging.
- New or enhanced skills and abilities.
- Attendance at LBFE celebrations, activities and workshops.
- Free monthly newsletters, ongoing training and support.
- Desire to enhance the well-being of older adults
- Sensitivity to the needs of lonely and isolated older adults facing difficult life experiences
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility and an open mind to diversity
- Comfortable in nursing homes
- Ability to transport yourself to Twin Cities’ nursing homes
- 2-4 hour commitment per event
Still have questions? Contact the Volunteer Manager at email@example.com or 612.746.0732.