Volunteer groups can play a vital role in fulfilling our mission of relieving loneliness and isolation among Twin Cities elders.
Here are a few ways your group can volunteer with us:
- Making get-well or welcome baskets for elders
- Offering seasonal help, such as leaf raking or snow shoveling
- Helping with craft projects, such as greeting cards, fleece blankets, seasonal ornaments, etc.
- Attending a sports game
- Volunteering at one of our social events
- Speed reminiscing and life story-telling get-together
- Play cards and board games with the elders at one of our events
In addition to volunteering at events, we invite groups to sponsor events.
There are numerous opportunities for business or community groups to sponsor and host joy-filled social events for our elders. These team-building opportunities typically are held on weekday mornings or afternoons and can occur in our community room. Tasks include inviting elders by phone, arranging Metro Mobility pick-ups, catering the party, visiting with our elder guests — and any other creative ideas you may have! Approximate in-kind donation cost ranges from $300 to $500. For more information, email Ann Fosco or call 612.746.0725..